Re: recovering from instance failure while online backup still on

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 09:08:57 -0700

Daud11

What version are you running? In earlier releases the situation you describe required a recovery. In later versions all you needed to do was issue an alter database datafile 'filespec' end backup command. I think the change came in 7.3, but I'm only going on memory there (no doubt someone else will correct me if I'm wrong on the version number!).

HTH. Pete

daud11_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> Hi
>
> My oracle database crashed while still doing online tablespace backup
> because of power failure. I have recovered it successfully but I am not
> sure whether what I did was the correct/preferred way.
>
> This is what I did to recover the database:
> 1) Open the database in 'mount' stage
> 2) recover database
> 3) open the database
>
> Is that correct? Don't I need to end the tablespace backup before doing
> the recover database?
>
> Please help to explain.
>
> Thanks
> Daud11