Install of 7.3.4 Fails on NT4 SP4 with GPF

From: Tim Romano <tim_at_ot.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 18:48:48 -0400

Oracle was installed and working previously but got tangled up with Seagate backup software and crashed. So we uninstalled Oracle.
We removed all references to Oracle from the registry following instructions provided by Oracle Tech Support making it "clean" machine.
We deleted everything in \ORANT and the subdirectories below it. We rebooted the machine.
We reinstalled NT.
But when we log in to NT with system administrator privileges and install Oracle 7.3.4. Workgroup from the CD every time, near the end of the install, ORADIM73.EXE causes a GPF and the starter database does not get created. Nor can we start the TNSListener without causing an internal NT error 2140..
To make sure the CD was good we installed on another server running NT4 SP4 and it worked.
There are 16GB free space on the volume we're trying to install to.
The server has 1GB RAM. It has 2 CPUs.

TIA Received on Tue Jun 22 1999 - 17:48:48 CDT