Using OAS 4.0 and Apache

From: <davidrice_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 22:17:24 GMT

   I am experimenting with Oracle's Web Server OAS 4.0.7 and using Apache 1.2.6 as an external listener. I need to have several virtual domains and prefer Apache for this.

I am looking for any information about the pros and cons of using OAS and Apache in this way.

In addition, I am looking for information regarding Oracle actually releasing a version of OAS that works with a somewhat recent version of Apache. I tried writing a wrapper piece that would convert the calling conventions in apacheadp.a ndwfapd.o and ndwfapdl.o, and I got Apache 1.3.6 to link, but there seems to be too much that is different between 1.2.6 and 1.3.6 for this kind of solution.

Thanks in advance for any help.
-David
dricep_at_dmotorworks.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jun 22 1999 - 17:17:24 CDT