Massive Archive Logging

From: Mitchell Loren <mloren_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 00:41:50 GMT

I recently moved my db from 7.3.2 (AIX 4.1:RS6000) to 7.3.4 (AIX 4.3:IBM SP2). Before I moved the db I had about 6 GIG of archive logs produced in a 24 hour period ( 5 groups of redo logs, 2 members each, 5M each). After I moved to 7.3.4 archiving went up to 18 GIG per 24 hours. The amount of transactions stayed the same.

To remedy the situation I added 2 more groups and resized the redo logs to 30M each. I also set the log_checkpoint_interval > redo log size. Unfortunately, this did not help. Actually the total amount of archive logs went up to over 25 GIG in a 24 hour period.

Has anyone experienced this type of massive archiving. I don't think further increasing the redo size will help. Rather it is some process of 7.3.4 which functions differently than 7.3.2. Any suggestions ? Received on Wed Jun 16 1999 - 19:41:50 CDT