Problem runnin oci8 jdbc driver with jdk1.2

From: Ferhat Hajdarpasic <ferhat.hajdarpasic_at_unisys.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 10:14:39 +1000

I get the following error if I run ORACLE OCI8 jdbc driver:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: make_c_state

        at oracle.jdbc.oci7.OCIDBAccess.make_c_state(Native Method)
        at oracle.jdbc.oci7.OCIDBAccess.logon(OCIDBAccess.java:155)
        at

oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:103)

        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:148)

        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:457)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:137)
        at

OSAuthentication.OSAuthentication.main(OSAuthentication.java:44)

I get the same error with both JBuilder3 & Sun's jdk1.2.

However the same class (compiled using either JBuilder3 or Sun's compiler)
runs fine with JVM that comes with ORACLE.

Everything works fine on all JVMs if I am using ORACLE's 'thin' driver.

Can anybody help?

Happy programming! Received on Wed Jun 16 1999 - 19:14:39 CDT