Sqlnet and NT and port numbers

From: Harri Muttilainen <harri_at_mutha.pp.fi>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:00:00 GMT

Could somebody please help.

Is the port number that sqlnet uses for communication with the database on an NT server totally random or are there some upper and lower limits?

It seems that when establishing the connection the port number is 1521, but then it changes to something else when the connection has been established.

The problem is that we would like to restrict the ports that a reseller could use to access our network, but I have not found any documentation either from Oracle or Microsoft about the matter.

Please Help
Harri Muttilainen Received on Tue Jun 15 1999 - 11:00:00 CDT