8i Data Warehousing (Dimensions)

From: Erik <ecotsonas_at_saraswati.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:02:30 GMT

Hello,
Does anyone have (or know of) a demo db script for a data warehouse model that utilized some of the new features in 8i (dimensions, hiearchy). Something like the demobld (emp/dept/bonus..) script that comes with oracle. I have read the chapter in the oracle docs for dimensions, but they only give the sql to build some tables. They also don't provide any examples of executing queries against the tables that they show. I am interested in how oracle operates on a dw model once you start executing queries and how you should be designing your data warehouse.

Thanks,
Erik
--
Consultant
Saraswati Systems Corporation - (SSC)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jun 15 1999 - 10:02:30 CDT