Re: Table field limit w/Oracle databases?

From: Chris Forlano <cforlano_at_nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:03:16 +0100

We are using a product by Mercury Interactive (Test Director) that can talk to an Oracle8 database service using ODBC.

Some of their tables, to allow for easy user customization, have around 30 columns.

What kinds of trouble are we getting into.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Randy DeWoolfson wrote:

> if you have more than 10 columns in a table.. then evaluate the schema.
>
> randy
>
> cary_at_nams.net wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > A couple of quick questions.... Is there a limit to the NUMBER of
> > fields in an Oracle database table? If so, does the limit depend on
> > the database version 6, 7, 8, 8i, etc.? I remember running across some
> > document which quoted a limit of 255 fields, but I do not remember the
> > specifics and could be entirely wrong. Thanks in advance.

Chris Forlano
TMS Project Manager
Nortel Networks, Maidenhead
590 4342 (01628 434 342)
cforlano_at_nortelnetworks.com Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 04:03:16 CDT