Oracle 7.3.4 / NT 4 Autostart Instance

From: Stephen Gabor <sgabor_at_removethis.jamesway.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 07:38:06 -0400

Just finished a Baan/Oracle install. I can start the database instance using Instance Manager but cannot seem to get the database to start as a service. According to the Baan documentation all I need to do is enter the command:

ORADIM73 -edit -sid <SID> -startmode auto -intpwd <password> -pfile <drive:\path\initSID.ora>.

I have replaced SID with BAAN, password with the password, and entered the pfile location as G:\ORANT\DATABASE\initBAAN.ora

Oracle did not create a strtBAAN.cmd file. We did take one off of another Oracle/NT server and modify it appropriately and place it in the G:\ORANT\DATABASE directory along with the pfile.

The OracleStartBAAN service indicates that Oracle is running.

Any suggestions? Received on Wed May 26 1999 - 06:38:06 CDT