Re: funny outcome for ORACLE 8.0.5 on RedHat 5.2 platform

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 13:30:49 +0200

"Mr_at_Ng.Wee.Hong" escribió:
> =

> hi,
> after i use the Installer that comes with ORACLE 8.0.5 to insta=
ll on
> the RedHat 5.2 platform selecting the the "Installing new product
> without DB Objects" ..somehow i notice that the usual command for
> "svrmgrl" develop executable error and it only works when i execute
> "svrmgrlO". And the funny thing is all the "Sqlldr" etc..executables en=
> up with an "O" behind such as "SqlldrO"...etc Does it behave this way
> normally? pls advise as i am rather new ...u may email your reply
> directly to me and i 'll deeply appreciate that.

This is because the executables haven't been relinked correctly. Set all your environment variables as they appear in your configuration guide and test all OS utilities are correctly instaled. Choose the option relink automatically in the CDROM and run the root.sh (located in your =

$ORACLE_HOME/orainst) as root user after instalation is completed.

Hope this help.
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Wed May 26 1999 - 06:30:49 CDT