Internal oracle password

From: Chris Call <chris_at_cis.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 16:07:59 -0600

I have a couple of questions that I have wondered about for a while. When I install, I have a user auto created called internal that I can use to do anything in the database with (startup, shutdown, etc). How can I change the password for internal? Also, before I do that I want to give my system user (or another user for that matter) full DBA privleges so he can startup and shutdown the database. When I try to shutdown the database now as system, I get ORA-01031: insufficient privileges. I have tried giving the roll DBA, SYSDBA and neither seem to solve the problem. I am sure this is probably an easy thing to do.

    Also, what needs to happen so I could log like connect / as sysdba; I currently cannot do this and am wondering what I need to do.

Thanks for the help. Received on Mon May 10 1999 - 17:07:59 CDT