Re: Internal oracle password

From: sherwin <sherwin_at_blr.sni.de>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 12:59:34 +0100

Chris,

    Let me try to help you . All that you have to do is run the orapwd utility. To get a glimpse of the parameters you have to supply this executable with , just type down orapwd followed by a return. You should get help on its usage.

Then you have to add an entry into your init<instance-nmae>.ora file, that is REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE = EXCLUSIVE. Now restart your database and then log on to svrmgr l. Now you can simply say GRANT SYSDBA TO SYSTEM
This should do the trick hopefully.

sherwin