Re: ORA 3113 is making me miserable

From: Dante <dnotari_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 12:53:40 GMT

Sean,
  there are many reasons why you can get an ORA-3113.

  Have a look at the alertSID.log. It usually contains   additional info.

  Try to isolate when it happens (enable trace).

  And finally (or first) ... contact your local support.   The guys are good and fast with finding solutions    to known problems.

Good luck
Dante
In article <7h6bfs$f8t$1_at_netnews.upenn.edu>,   sean_at_unagi.cis.upenn.edu (Sean B Fernandes) wrote:
> I'm a newbie DBA running Oracle 7.3.4 on AIX 4.3.2 with 2GB of
memory.
> For the last couple of days I have been experiencing a very weirdd
> problem which cropped up for no apparent reason.
>
> Users complain that they have problems connecting to Oracle. When I
go
> into Server Manager I am unable to connect to any of the 4 (250 Mb
SGA)

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Mon May 10 1999 - 07:53:40 CDT