Re: How to create a table in a script?

From: Arno van Rossum <a.van.rossum_at_mmp-obec.nl>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 13:42:05 +0200

Jerry Gitomer wrote:

> Based on your description what you are doing should work. The following
> will work.

That was what i was thinking too :-) But it appeared to turn out otherwise.

> Contents of file called: cr_tbls.sql
>
> CREATE TABLE test1 (
> id number(7),
> description varchar2(30));
>
> CREATE TABLE test2 (
> ssn number(9),
> first varchar2(20),
> last varchar2(20));

I agree that this will work (just two short tables), but I have a very long file, with lots of tables. After a few tables SQL*plus stops creating tables with te error "input to long, truncated ... " or something alike.

That's why I was thinking of a pl/sql script (see original post).

Maybe you have a clue?

Regards,

Arno van Rossum Received on Wed May 05 1999 - 06:42:05 CDT