Re: How to create a table in a script?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 13:17:06 -0400

Hi Arno,

Based on your description what you are doing should work. The following will work.

Contents of file called: cr_tbls.sql

   CREATE TABLE test1 (

        id                      number(7),
        description varchar2(30));

CREATE TABLE test2 (
        ssn                number(9),
        first                 varchar2(20),
        last                 varchar2(20));

Once you have built the file you can either do:

    sqlplus <user>/<password> @cr_tbls

or

    sqlplus <user>/<password>
SQL> @cr_tbls

You should wind up with a message saying tables created.

regards

Jerry Gitomer