Re: ConText and soundex

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 16:58:28 +0100

If you have a system that you can treat freely as you wish, you could hit the context servers with a bind variable dump command, and see what they are doing as the query comes in:

svrmgrl
connect internal
oradebug setospid {process id of ctxsrvx shadow} oradebug event 10046 trace name context forever, level 4

Do this on each query server, then fire in your query.

The trace files get very big, very quickly, so restart the servers (or hit them with
oradebug event 10046 trace name context off very soon afterwards).

Trace through the trace files looking for lines like:

select from DR_0nnnn_XXX
where word_text in
(:b0, :b1, :b2, :b3....:b39)

(where XXX is the tag for the soundex index: it's not the usual I1T, but I can't remember what it is)

Then look in the trace just below it to see what values were actually being passed in - in particular does the 'E236' appear.

--

Jonathan Lewis