Re: ConText and soundex

From: Joe Giessner <jgiessne_at_bdsinc.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 09:40:21 -0400

Actually, I hadn't thought about how ConText would handle multiple words in a soundex query. This is something I'll have to consider later. Thanks.

However, I still have my problem. Most of the searching I'm doing (at least now) is single word searches. Here's the perfect example of what I'm working with:

Looking at the view that was generated on indexing, there are 23 words that have the same soundex as 'excedrin' (E236). When I do a ConText soundex query on 'excedrin' (e.g., "contains(item_desc, '!excedrin', 0) > 0"), I get 121 rows returned. However, when I do a ConText soundex query on a word that has the same soundex (like the common misspelling 'excedren'), but is not in the column, 0 rows are returned.

Thanks for the quick response.

-Joe

In article <925454480.24374.0.nnrp-04.9e984b29_at_news.demon.co.uk>, jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk says...