Re: shared pool latch time out exceeding 40% HELP!!!

From: Kevin Brand <kevinx_at_sequel.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 08:54:22 -0500

Do you have the same problem just after instance start-up?

If you do not, then you may be experiencing shared_pool free list fragmentation, which can cause really bad latch contention and subsequently slow response across the board.

Try flushing the shared pool when you have lots of contention as a test. If contention goes down suddenly, then you do have this condition.

-Kevin