Re: OAS V4.0 on NT SP4

From: Steve McAllister <smcallister_at_msn.com.REMOVE>
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 08:52:07 -0700

The problem is that SP4 and the ORB stuff from OAS are incompatible. I cannot remember where on the Oracle site the newer files exist, but they are there and I have downloaded then before.

Steve McAllister

    Joel Eisenberg wrote in message
<7g8j5l$lbn$1_at_bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>...

    I've installed V8.0.5 of Oracle EE , Developer Tools V2.1, OAS V4.0 on an NT V4.0 SP4 and can't get the ORB to respond. The following error occurs;

    Please wait while the command is being processed on host dbatech900 ...

    Starting ORB processes...

    waiting for ORB to be ready...

    ORB is not responding. Please restart manually...

    OWS-20214: The OAS processes can not be started, because the CORBA orb processes can not be started.

    Any Responses :>/ TIA

    Is there something in the configuration which needs to be changed after install but before starting???

          Joel Alan Eisenberg, President
              DBA Technologies, Inc.
    Oracle Integration and Consulting Services
                 218 Colmar Drive
     King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406-1920
       Email: JoelEisenberg_at_worldnet.att.net
                Voice: 610.992.0281
                 Fax: 610.992.0281