Re: Instance won't start automatically

From: Bob Aitchison <raitchison_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 09:54:45 -0400

Thanks for the suggestions. After posting this message, I found a listing on technet.oracle.com indicating that there was a problem with this release of Oracle for NT that prevented the instance administrator from parsing an initSID.ora file if it had too many comments. While removing comments and blank lines did not solve the problem in my case, removing hard tab characters *did* solve the problem.

Thanks again.

Bob