Re: Oracle 8.05 on Redhat 6.0 Linux

From: Uwe Schneider <pi_at_nospam.richard-schneider.de>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 21:14:27 +0200

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Alex Puch wrote:

> Has any one got it to work ???
>
> I tried LD_LIBRARY_PATH but that bitches on the fact that the ./orainst
>
> is hard coded to use /bin/sh !!
>
> so the old trick of LD_LIBRARY_PATH does not work !!!

probably there is a huge number of people having succesfully installed Oracle on Linux. I did it on SuSE Linux, but on ReHat it should even install smoother.

What is exactly your problem? What is the "old trick"?

Please make sure that the following conditions are fulfilled:

- glibc runtime libraries
- Kernel V2.035 or later
- working knowledge of Oracle and Unix/Linux

Regards

Uwe
--

Uwe Schneider       | Telefon +49 7251 / 82587
Karlsdorfer Str. 31 | Mail    pi_at_richard-schneider.de

Linux - OS al dente! Received on Fri Apr 30 1999 - 14:14:27 CDT