Re: Direct LOAD - UNRECOVERABLLE - Question

From: Lothar Armbrüster <lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>
Date: 30 Apr 99 20:29:12 +0100

Ramanarao Chamarty wrote on 30-Apr-99 15:24:53:
>hi folks,

>We are loading data every morning about say 100,000 records using
>sqlloader, direct path. When we use the Unrecoverable option , we get a
> error when the table is queried.

>message: ORA-01502. ...in direct load state.

>Cause: trying to rebuild index and it hangs in that state when you
>query the table with the index field.

>Help required: IS there a workaround.
>Already suggested:
>1:Clean Data.
>2: Drop and recreate the index. But with corrupt data, we still run
>into the problem.

>anything else????

Hello Ramanarao,

have you checked the log file of SQL*Loader? Normally SQL*Loader sets all indexes to direct load state when it starts. After loading the data it rebuilds the indexes and then the status is reset to valid. In your case, it seems that the loader run onto an error before finishing the index rebuild. So the indexes are left in direct load state. Have a look into the log file to see what's the problem.

I have observed that the loader need huge amounts of tablespace when rebuilding the indexes. If the free space does not suffice, recreating the indexes after the load may use much less tablespace.

>Ramanarao Chamarty

Hope that helps,
Lothar

--

Lothar Armbrüster       | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
Schulstr. 12            | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de