Re: sys.dbms_shared_pool

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 14:29:29 -0700

Dinesh

DBMS_SHARED_POOL is created by running two files - dbmspool.sql and prvtpool.plb, in that order (they create the package header and package body respectively). The files are located under $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin, and need to be run by SYS. Not sure where they're called from normally, but if you don't have them, running those two scripts will create them.

No they won't be created by a full import. A full export does not export objects owned by SYS, hence the definitions aren't in the dump file to be read.

HTH. Pete

--

Regards

Pete

Peter Sharman                             Email: psharman_at_us.oracle.com
WISE Course Development Manager           Phone: +1.650.607.0109 (int'l)
Worldwide Internal Services Education            (650)607 0109 (local)
San Francisco

SQL> select standard_disclaimer, witty_remark   2 from company_requirements;

"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook
"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA