Re: Oracle 8i and Netware: Any Caveats?

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 02:51:09 GMT

Tim,

I've used Oracle 7.3 under Netware with no particular problems. We had two databases, each less than 1/2 gig, and usually between 8-12 users. Everything always worked fine. The only annoying thing with Netware is that I had a hard time doing things from the console. On an NT machine, I can go to the command prompt and issues a DIR command. With the Novell server, I always had to do that type of thing from a client PC. Maybe I just didn't know the appropriate Novell commands.

The reason we moved off of Novell was partly to reduce the number of Oracle+o/s combinations that we had to support, and partly because we needed to dedicate one machine (the Novell one) for use as a fileserver.

regards,

Jonathan