---SQL Tunning Question

From: <BAMBAM6235_at_AOL.COM>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 14:13:14 GMT

Hi Experts,

I'm having a performance problem with a query and I would appreciate any help you could provide.

The query generates a report when called from PowerBuilder. This query contains 15 select statements with the UNION set operator. Each query joins 6 tables with the exception of the first which joins 3. All of them use multiple user defined functions and standard functions. This is being run against a 7.3 database.

When run, it takes approximately 25 seconds to execute while returning only 466 rows in a development environment. My questions are:

  1. Is there any way to improve the performance of this query? If so, can you please suggest?
  2. If not, is there another way that I could achieve the same results without crippling the database? Again, suggestions are appreciated.

Any help that you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Please email me with your thought. Thanking you in advance for your time and efforts.

Rick Received on Sat Apr 17 1999 - 09:13:14 CDT