Pulling LONG text to JScript ASP

From: <torgojr_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 18:15:13 GMT

Hi, here is my problem : I want to pull the contents of ALL_TRIGGERS.TRIGGER_BODY, which is defined as LONG. I am using IIS 4.0, calling an Oracle 8.0.4 server over a network. I can select the entire record OK, but I can't assign a JScript string object (or any other object) to recordsetobj("TRIGGER_BODY"). It gives me a generic error message.

Can I somehow pull the Trigger body text via ODBC to either JScript or VBScript to display on a web page? I don't see how to trick the recordset object into thinking that field is a VarChar or fixed Char field.

Any input would be appreciated.