Re: Pulling LONG text to JScript ASP

From: <jefftang2000_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 15:53:25 GMT

I just did it - pulling LONG text from Oracle 8.0.4 db using ASP/IIS. I'm using VBScript but think it should also work with JScript. To me the key is to use Microsoft's ODBC driver for Oracle instead of Oracle's ODBC driver. When I used the latter, I got an error msg "A trappable error occurred in an external object."

One other thing, it seems that no drivers support pulling text from CLOB field when you try it with ASP/IIS. Oracle's SQL Plus can extract CLOB text. But using ASP/IIS to grab LONG text definitely works for me - with an MS ODBC driver.

Hope this helps.

Jeff Tang