Install Question: Cannot access Oracle8/NT from Win95 client

From: Acorn <pvanhook_at_princeton.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 18:26:03 GMT

Hello all,

    I'm having a bit of a time connecting to Oracle 8 on NT from a Win95 client. I'd actually like to hit the server through the ODBC driver.

I've run through all the configuration and testing on the server, Enterprise Mgr, Net8, services, etc. It all checks out successfully. Even running the ODBC test app on the server sees the table, and running my own app compiled in Borland C++ builder using BDE and ODBC works if the exe is on the server.

Running from a Win95 client is not working, the ODBC driver returns a message "ORA 12154:TNS: could not resolve service name". I've tried it with both the Oracle ODBC driver and the MS Oracle ODBC driver.

Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong or what I should be looking at to resolve this?

Thanks a bunch!!!
Conrad Received on Thu Apr 15 1999 - 13:26:03 CDT