Re: 8i NT - Oracle Administration Assistant for Windows NT

From: Matthias Greß <Matthias.Gresz_at_privat.post.de>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 18:10:37 +0200

Andrew J Urbanski wrote:

> I've just downloaded 8i for NT from the OTN trial page. The
> installation appears to have gone smoothly and the database started up
> without a hitch. Going though the new program items I noticed that
> the "Oracle Administration Assistant for Windows NT" failed to start.
> No error message is displayed either when run via the start menu or
> when the command (identified by icon properties) is entered via a
> console window. Just a momentary hourglass then nothing...
>
> It smells suspiciously like a Java error. (I'd noticed a similar
> non-functionality using the previous version of the Net8 easy config,
> another Java app). The other Java apps appear to be working fine
> (database config assistant and the networking assistants).
>
> I'm running a plain jane Windows NT server, 4.0 sp4 with 128MB memory.
>
> Has anyone else run across this problem yet?
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions for identifying or tracing the cause
> of the error?

Had some similar problem this day. Talked with Oracle support and they told me that such Java error usualy point to a lack of RAM. Oracle client installation requires 98 MB and the server should have the same amount for installation and at least 256MB while running.

HTH
Matthias
--
Matthias.Gresz_at_Privat.Post.de

640 K ought to be enough for anyone.
B.Gates 1980 Received on Thu Apr 15 1999 - 11:10:37 CDT