Re: 8i NT - Oracle Administration Assistant for Windows NT

From: Roger D. Gough <rgough_at_bev.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 03:32:20 GMT

Matthias Greß wrote:

> Andrew J Urbanski wrote:
> >
> > I've just downloaded 8i for NT from the OTN trial page. The
> > installation appears to have gone smoothly and the database started up
> > without a hitch. Going though the new program items I noticed that
> > the "Oracle Administration Assistant for Windows NT" failed to start.
> > No error message is displayed either when run via the start menu or
> > when the command (identified by icon properties) is entered via a
> > console window. Just a momentary hourglass then nothing...

I experienced the same behaviour. Turns out you need to install something from Microsoft that is referred to in the release notes. The Administration Assistant is a plug-in for that application. I'm afraid I'm away from my notes right now, but let me know if you are still having problems, and I'll get you the URL.

--Roger Received on Thu Apr 15 1999 - 22:32:20 CDT