Re: 8i NT - Oracle Administration Assistant for Windows NT

From: Antti Jarvinen <costello_at_iki.fi>
Date: 16 Apr 1999 09:36:41 +0300

Matthias Greß <Matthias.Gresz_at_privat.post.de> writes:

> Andrew J Urbanski wrote:
> > the "Oracle Administration Assistant for Windows NT" failed to start.
> > No error message is displayed either when run via the start menu or
> > when the command (identified by icon properties) is entered via a
> > console window. Just a momentary hourglass then nothing...

> Had some similar problem this day. Talked with Oracle support and they
> told me that such Java error usualy point to a lack of RAM. Oracle
> client installation requires 98 MB and the server should have the same
> amount for installation and at least 256MB while running.

Are you using a display mode with 256 colors or more? This is also a showstopper in NT..I have a few older (heck ;) boxes that have only 512k of display memory and I'm forced to have 256 colors on the screen. The symptons are about the same: a hourglass and then nothing.

--
Antti Järvinen, costello_at_iki.fi

            "concerto for two faggots and orchestra" Received on Fri Apr 16 1999 - 01:36:41 CDT