Re: OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX and v_$parameter

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:02:36 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Peter Laursen" < ptl_at_edbgruppen.dk> (if that email address didn't require changing) On 15 Apr 1999 13:52:55 GMT, you wrote:

>In a stored procedure, that creates users, I need to know the value of
>OS_AUTHEN_PREFIX. This information is in sys.v_$parameter, but is not
>accesible from my procedure.
>Is there a view where I van find the value of OS_AUTHEN_PREFIX?
>
>Hmm, I guess I could have sys grant acces to v_$parameter to the owner of
>my procedure, somehow I dont like that?

thats what you need to do tho. If you want the os_authen_prefix, you need to query v$parameter which is a synonym for the view sys.v_$parameter. The owner of the procedure that wants to query this view must be granted select on SYS.V_$PARAMETER directly (not via a role).

>Thanks
>Peter

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Thu Apr 15 1999 - 09:02:36 CDT