Re: OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX and v_$parameter

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 17:40:17 +0100

My preferred strategy for this sort of problem (where the version of Oracle permits) is to create a procedure owned by SYS that makes this information available. Then I grant execute on the procedure to the relevant IDs.

Where this is not possible, you've already figured out the answer.

--

Jonathan Lewis