OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX and v_$parameter

From: Peter Laursen <ptl_at_edbgruppen.dk>
Date: 15 Apr 1999 13:52:55 GMT

In a stored procedure, that creates users, I need to know the value of OS_AUTHEN_PREFIX. This information is in sys.v_$parameter, but is not accesible from my procedure.
Is there a view where I van find the value of OS_AUTHEN_PREFIX?

Hmm, I guess I could have sys grant acces to v_$parameter to the owner of my procedure, somehow I dont like that?

Thanks
Peter Received on Thu Apr 15 1999 - 08:52:55 CDT