Re: OCI - Error in OCIStmtExecute( )

From: DeVerne Coleman <dsleuth_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 21:37:15 -0500

I have run into this before. If you look at the Oracle documentation on OCIStmtExecute, there is a parameter called iters. If this is set > 0, a fetch is done at the time the statement is executed. Thus you must have bound the variables to receive the output. If you set it to 0, it should return without fetching a row. Then you can bind your result variables and start fetching.

Hope this helps,

DeVerne Coleman