Installing 8i on Solaris

From: Patrick Schlaepfer <patrick_at_schlaepfer.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 12:11:18 -0100

Do have some questions regarding installing 8i EE on Sun Solaris 2.7 (Sparc).

With which user/group should I install 8i. The Installation guide recommends oracle/oinstall. With this user, the default DB is not installed, cause the installer can't connect to the DB.

Which directories have
oracle/oinstall
and which have
xxxx/dba?

I think this might be caused, that the db should not be created during the installation process. Better logging out and logging in under a *real* dba (user/dba).

Do have installed jdk1.1.6 (which comes with solaris7) and jdk1.2 and then Oracle also installed jdk1.1.7. How do I have to set the CLASSPATH.

I'd like to uninstall Oracle completely. I did with runInstaller and remove everything. Still there're some files on the disk. Can simply rm -rf the directories?

--

 ___  __ \__  ___/ Patrick Schlaepfer     http://www.schlaepfer.com

 __  /_/ /_(__  )  Schulstrasse 12
 _  .___/ /____/   CH-8962 Bergdietikon   email: patrick_at_schlaepfer.com
 /_/ "If you can't convince them, confuse them." Received on Sat Apr 10 1999 - 08:11:18 CDT