Re: can't import to default tablespace

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 20:51:52 +0200

Hi Ed,

This is a common problem.
There are two ways to prevent this:
1 make sure tablespace_a doesn't exist, and of course in many cases this is not feasible.
2 make sure the user has quota on tablespace_b only. If your user has the resource role, he will automatically have unlimited tablespace which allow for unlimited table creation in ALL tablespaces. You need at least to revoke the unlimited tablespace privilege. Then you need to give quota on tablespace_b by alter user quota unlimited on tablespace_b.

This should resolve it.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA