Change db block size will improve performance ? ?

From: <agi_at_mail.taicom.com.tw>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 10:56:03 GMT

Hi,theres,

  My DB is 7.2.3 on Dec Alpha/2000,1 CPU, Physical memory 256MB, with Dec UNIX.   I want to increase the db block size from 2k to 8k during the exp/imp recently.

  I just wonder that increasing the blocksize will/won't improve performance ????

  Besides,do I need more memory if I change db blocksize ?? more storage for importing the original database ??

    Thanks in advance for any suggestions !!

Agi