Re: How to prevent automatic disconnection ?

From: Juhan Kundla <juhan_at_ensib.ee>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 14:12:07 +0300

futurocom_at_wanadoo.fr wrote:

> How to prevent automatic disconnection.
>
> We are making a system composed of
> - Oracle RDBMS (ver 7.3.2) and server with Unix SCO
> - Clients running on windows NT Workstation 4.0
> The different machines are linked together with TCP.IP
> protocol and SQL*Net Ver 2.0. Dialog between clients and
> server uses OCI commands. We have this problem :
>
> If the client connected to the server doesn't work
> (no SQL request sent) for about 2 hours, the link with the
> data base is broken and so the client doesn't received information
> sent
> by the server anymore.
> How is it possible to prevent automatic disconnection ?
>
> Thank you for your help.

If I understood correctly, you should do this --

Check the view dba_users to see which profile is assigned to that user, then
select idle_time from dba_profiles where profile=bla-bla

I guess this query will return 120, which means that after 120 minutes of idle time this user will be disconnected. You should alter this profile to allow users keep longer connections.

Juhan Received on Thu Apr 01 1999 - 05:12:07 CST