Anyone using Veritas VxFS and Oracle 8.0.5?

From: Mark Yanike <mark.yanike_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 00:49:03 -0800

Hi all,

I'm in the middle of trying to run some high volume OLTP benchmarks with

Oracle 8.0.5 and Veritas VxFS with quick I/O. I'm getting frequent Oracle
crashes that I typically don't see (this is my first try with VxFS and Oracle)
and was wondering if anyone has experience with this type of configuration?

Versions: Oracle 8.0.5.1

                    VxVM 2.5.4D
                    VxFS 3.3
                    Veritas Oracle DB Edition 2.0
                     VxQIO 2.0

Thanks for any replies, positive or negative,

Mark Yanike
Sun Microsystems, Inc. Received on Wed Mar 31 1999 - 02:49:03 CST