Re: oracle prices, are they for real?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 07:27:05 -0500

If you want a personal copy of Oracle you can obtain one just by downloading it.

If you want a copy of Oracle for commercial usage you will have to pay Oracle
whatever they decide the going rate is or use a different RDMBS. Oracle is THE heavy duty RDBMS. Oracle is focused on the high end commercial market where the customers are willing to pay for 7X24 reliability and tech support -- both
of which cost a corporation the size of Oracle far more than corporate planes, the
marketeers who have figured out how to capture over half of the RDBMS market,
and the businessmen who have overseen the entire operation.

regards

Jerry Gitomer