oracle prices, are they for real?

From: <christine_at_techresource.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 06:04:30 GMT

        1300 dollars for oracle on linux. Does anyone else think that this price is recockulous. Do people actually pay these prices. I think i'll just tough it out without either postgres or mySQL.

        I remember reading 200$ for oracle on linux somewhere a year or so ago, this was from a news post, though. Were prices ever resonable or have they gone crazy just recently. I would never pay this much for software. Prices like these aren't paying for programers and support, these kind of prices are paying for marketers, corporate planes, and lamer businesmen who sit around tyring to figure out ways to screw people while making the programers lives misearable. I am sure the programers would be happier charging less, focusing on their code more, and loosing the corporate overhead and bullshit.

        Comments?