Oracle Y2K Question

From: Mike Fellows <mfello_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 19:04:41 -0000

Hello there

I am running Oracle V7.2.3 (Forms 3 and Menu 5) on a HP UX 10.01 = platform.

I have carried out the fixes for Y2K compliancy as recommended by Oracle = via the use of ON_VALIDATE triggers to set any YY year datatype to RR = and this seems OK.

My question being when I run a SQL command to look for all records = greater than 31-DEC-99 any valid hit is returned correctly, if however I = try to look for data BETWEEN say 19-DEC-99 and 20-FEB-02 i dont get the = expected response.
The same applies if i look for all records less than eg 20-FEB-00 so in = essence when carrying out queries only when I look for records greater = than a given date do I get the correct answers.

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Mike Received on Wed Mar 24 1999 - 13:04:41 CST