Re: Oracle Y2K Question

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 22:57:56 +0100

Hi Mike,

This may be a dumb question, but did you set the nls_date_format to dd-mon-rr.
The default in sqlplus is dd-mon-yy, and you seem to have changed forms apps only. You either need to edit your registry on your client pc or issue an
alter session set nls_date_format='DD-MON-RR' before you carry out these tests.
Otherwise the 02 will be interpreted as 1902, while the 99 is interpreted as 1999.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA