Re: create database instance?

From: <cary_at_nams.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 15:19:16 GMT

Does tnsping use the SID info at all? It is my understanding that tnsping takes the SID alias, resolves it using the TNSNAMES.ORA file, obtains the connect info (apart from SID?), and simply hits the port to verify that the listener is listening. Perhaps the error indicates a disparity between the value of SID in the TNSNAMES.ORA file and the value of SID_NAME in the LISTENER.ORA file? I'm not certain about this; it's just a guess.

Cary