Re: Context problems

From: Håkon T Sønderland <haakonts_at_online.no>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 22:57:17 +0100

In article <7c4pv0$ajb$1_at_platinum.sge.net>, rod.stewart_at_afp.gov.au says...
> What you have here is a little confusing, but I believe that you may be
> confusing context SERVERS with the context SERVICE. You should have a
> context service running as part of NT. You can go to control panel /
> services applet and look for the context service (It is called
> OracleContextService74 or something like that). If it is not started, you
> should start it. Once you have the context service up, then you should be
> able to start ctxctl80 and start your various servers with different
> personalities D, Q, M etc (or one with all of them - depends on your work
> load and resources available).
>
> I haven't worked with the same versions you are running, but I hope this
> helps anyway.

Thanks a lot Rod. I knew it was something really easy that I had overlooked. I can find nowhere in the online doc where this simple fact is listed. It would be nice if the error message would say something related to the actual error also ;)

Thanks again,
Haakon

--

Core Technology AS    |Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
www.core.no           |Ut sint vina proxima morientis ori,