Re: Context problems

From: Rod Stewart <rod.stewart_at_afp.gov.au>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 14:46:29 +1000

What you have here is a little confusing, but I believe that you may be confusing context SERVERS with the context SERVICE. You should have a context service running as part of NT. You can go to control panel / services applet and look for the context service (It is called OracleContextService74 or something like that). If it is not started, you should start it. Once you have the context service up, then you should be able to start ctxctl80 and start your various servers with different personalities D, Q, M etc (or one with all of them - depends on your work load and resources available).

I haven't worked with the same versions you are running, but I hope this helps anyway.

Rod J. Stewart Received on Tue Mar 09 1999 - 22:46:29 CST