Re: OAS digest authentication

From: Christoph Zwerschke <christoph.zwerschke_at_sun1.zuv.uni-heidelberg.de>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 14:49:56 +0100

>IE 5 Won't even try to prompt. Just says page is unavailable.

Did you try with the latest beta? Anyway, in 10 days we will know for sure.

According to my tests, at lest IE <=4 and NS <=4.5 do not work.

At a different place in the OAS4 documentation I just found the following:

"Only a few browsers support digest authentication currently, however. Spyglass Mosaic does, but not Netscape Navigator or Microsoft Internet Explorer."

Also, I just found the OAS4 documentation explains further:

"If digest authentication is specified for a page, and a user with a browser that does not support digest authentication tries to access that page, the listener automatically reverts to basic authentication."

This would be really bad and it seems to not be the case. Received on Mon Mar 08 1999 - 07:49:56 CST