Re: OAS digest authentication

From: Mike Burden <michael.burden_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 14:50:14 +0000

Yes. I don't think there is a broswer that supports this which is a shame because basic authentication is hopeless.

Netscape 4 prompts with a logon dialogue but just rejects request with invalid userid/password.

IE 5 Won't even try to prompt. Just says page is unavailable.

Perhaps we need netscape 5 and IE 6.