Oracle Names Server - Help!

From: carl christianson <einar_at_cvn.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 09:10:45 -0500

Hi all,
I need some information about setting up an Oracle Names Server. Oracle 8.0.5. I want to set this up with a database containing the information.
I would then want to have a tracking program that I have that monitors my databases go through a dblink and put entries into the names database.

To test this I put an entry in to the Names database when I tnsping it doesn't resolve the name. However, if I stop the names server and re-start it it then can resolve the name. Has anyone else done this successfully? It is acting like it reads the database information at startup time only. How do I change that behaviour?

thx
Carl Christianson Received on Mon Mar 08 1999 - 08:10:45 CST